Tech Den provides technology services to the Washington University student community, with a focus on graduate/professional and non-residential students. We support these students in the use of core technologies, including laptop purchasing guidance, laptop repairs/loaners, network connectivity, email, printing, and software support.
Contact us for any of these services.
Hardware and System
- Virus/malware removal
- Data backup
- Operating system reinstalls
- Hardware diagnostics
- Onsite repair on Dell and Apple computers that are under warranty
- Configuring laptops and mobile devices to connect to the University network and email system
- Laptop Lending:
- Students who check in a personal computer at the Tech Den Service Desk for troubleshooting that will require overnight work may borrow a laptop for the period of time that their device is checked in
- Mac and Dell PCs are available
- Students will be asked to sign a form accepting financial responsibility for loss or damage of loaned equipment
- Students must return all Tech Den equipment when they pick up their personal machine
Walk-in access is available for in-person support, machine drop offs and pick-ups.
We are here to help students with connection issues.
Instructions for connecting to campus WiFi, campus wired network and Eduroam.
We provide student support for enterprise supported software; Outlook, Box, Adobe, etc.
For an overview of student-used applications, visit our resources page at techden.wustl.edu/resources/.
The Tech Den operates a 3D printing service with several different printers. The service is designed for non-residential and graduate students and can be used for personal or school projects.
For additional information, please visit our 3D printing page.
While we provide support for most technology-related problems students may experience, certain things fall outside the scope of our service. This includes:
- Support for personal printers and desktop computers
- Setup or support of routers
- Setting up servers
- Cable TV Support